[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/235949794″ params=”color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
Unedited Show Notes
– Call from Stan will play at beginning.
– I agreed with Stan that we should beat UNC as if they are unruly children but unfortunately it turned out the other way.
– Game opened up with us getting punched in the mouth. We fought back but it was just too little too late after that big of a hole.
– Elijah Hood ran the ball 21 times for 220 yards. 10.5 a carry.
– If that’s not bad enough TJ Logan ran it 6 times for 100 yards. Marquise ran it for 53 yards.
– Hood said after the game that their OL dominated our DL in the first half.
– That wasn’t really expected. I expected the secondary to get burned but the line was a shock.
– They did what they wanted on the ground and it was embarrassing. We couldn’t get a stop in the first half.
– Why? Is it talent? Coaching? Both?
– Major key to the game was having them stopped on 3rd down early and pissing it away. They would have been forced to punt and Nicholson hit Marquise late out of bounds. That gave them the 1st and shortly after he threw a bomb downfield for a TD. That was a huge swing that we never came back from.
– Things settled down after the 1st but there was just too big a hill to climb.
– 2nd-4th quarter we kind of won but it was pointless.
– No reason to dwell on it – despite what a lot of State fans believe they are a better team. It happens and you just move on from it.
– Again, they’re a DAMN good team.
Football Season –
– Success or failure?
– People have harped on Canada all year but we ended the season averaging 33.6 points per game. That’s not awful.
– Defense was the disaster in my opinion. Including OOC games we gave up 24.8 a game. Conference jumped up to 29.6 ppg. We don’t play in the Big 12 so that’s not gonna work out.
– Games against teams who had a good offense was just too much for them. Clemson put up 56, FSU 34, UNC 45.
– It’s not all ppg, though, as situational defense was the bad part. Again – UNC scored 35 of its 45 points in the 1st quarter. There is NO excuse for that.
– We talked about coaching/talent against UNC but it goes for the whole season. What was the problem with the defense this year?
Part Two – Basketball
– LSU –
– This team is slowly starting to come together.
– The ASU loss was ugly but followed up by a win against the ranked powerhouse Ben Simmons. Oh wait I mean LSU.
– Media has a chub for him eh?
– In all seriousness they absolutely shut him down offensively. He had gone for 20 and 20 the game before and only scored 4 points in this one. He still had a double-double with 14 rebounds and 10 assists but that’s a tradeoff you take.
– LSU currently getting throttled by the College of Charleston, simmons with 3 at the half.
– Winthrop –
– Followed that up with a TOUGH game against Winthrop. You can say what you want about a small school but their the type of team that upsets a powerhouse in the NCAA Tournament. They can shoot the ball from Durham and it’s going in.
– Jimmy Gavin was Marcus Paige like with 38 points. He went 7-12 from outside and they weren’t played bad defensively. Kid just has it.
– Cat answered back with 37 of his own and was 19 of 22 from the free throw line (12-12 against LSU). That’s huge. If he can keep that number up going into ACC play we can count on free points off his drives.
– Whole team was 25-34 against Winthrop and 23-29 against Ben Simmons.
– cat needs to drive. stalls in the half court set, especially w/o henderson.
– I want us to play faster
– Michigan –
– Butt kicked. This game showed that it’s going to be a long, long season. NCAA looks farther and farther away.
– Sat and watched screaming that Cat needed to drive late in the 2nd half. Started it and started getting to the line but it was too little too late.
– Team is still meshing but there’s a few takeaways –
– Rowan be shooting.
– Cat is starting to get in the groove and show why he had talk for ACC POY.
– The Martins have grown up. Playing like men. (could you win with 5 Martins?)
– Abu is still finding himself but when he does – watch out.
– surprised by his mid-range jumper
– This team is still a ways away from passing the tournament eye test. It’s all about weathering the storm until Henderson gets back and then hoping he’s everything we think he is.
– COACHING CHANGES
– Sony Dykes Love? http://sports.yahoo.com/news/cal-s-sonny-dykes-emerging-as-college-football-s-hottest-coaching-candidate-175745670.html